Wednesday, September 24, 2008

First day of Classes

So Today was the first day of classes, it was really good all my teachers seem pretty cool.

  • Spanish 201- I was kind of nervous about skipping 101 and I have the same class as Claire so its pretty sweet that we have our first class in the morning. We woke up and made our coffee and had breakfast and stuff in our dorm which was pretty cool and then we walk the like...MILE to our class. Only its actually not that far but its down a huge hill and it sucks to walk back up it. The spanish teacher is pretty nice, i forget what her name is but she's funny and seems like she'll be a good teacher. I dont think spanish will be too hard, cause she said its meant for people who had atleast 3 years of spanish in highschool and remember it. Claire and I talk in spanish all the time so it should be cool
  • Education 197- My next class but its in the same room as my spanish class which is cool cause I dont have to walk anywhere but I left and went to the bathroom anyways cause I didn't want to be the only loser in there sitting at a desk the whole time. So I came back and the teacher's name the William Harrison Lay and we're supposed to be existentialist and decide what to call him...but he gave us like a million choices like will willy bill billy william lay and like a bajillion other things so it kind of sucked and i dont know what to call him. So i guess i'll just wait and see what everyone else calls him. I think the teacher assistant girl called him Bill so maybe i'll stick with that. Anyways the class seems like its gonna be hella easy, its a seminar class where we learn about what it takes to be a teacher at western and a little bit about teaching. So its mostly a lot of guest speakers and lectures and making connections with people around campus which is good. It isn't actually a class, its like 25 people who said that they are interested in education on their applications and had good grades and stuff and so they picked us and they're gonna hook us up with all this stuff thats supposed to help us succeed.
  • Philosophy of religion- So i didn't really even want to take this class and I kind of got stuck in it but it actually seems like its going to be really interesting. The professor is pretty chill and we're going to be looking at it from both sides and its not supposed to be biased towards one side or another so it shoudl be enlightening or whatever. I sat next to this one guy who was kind of hot but I think he was married.
  • Math- The teacher is kind of a babe and it seems hella easy for now. We'll see how it goes I guess.


My address is
335 Ridgeway Kappa
516 High St
Bellingham, WA
98225

So if you ever get the urge to send me a letter or something feel free. I should be getting a letter from Cam Cam soon i'm so excited =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to my world from last weekend. Now you know why I was huffing and puffing after that massive hike up drag-ass hill.

I think you should call him Willison.

You should google your phil. of religion instructor and make sure he's not from the same Assembly of God as Sarah Palin.